TIT BITS OF FAKE PARTS
THE BRAKE PAD
It is the component that enables the vehicle to stop by pressing on both sides of the brake rotor, which rotates with the wheels.
Dangers of using FAKE BRAKE PADS
- Poor safety implications; requires 30% more distance to stop at high speed, posing the risk of a rear-end collision.
- Poor heat resistance properties; leading to premature pad wear, shortening pad life span. That is, buying more brake pads within a short period of time.
- Expensive; Materials in counterfeit products are so poor that they can even wear grooves in the brake disks. This may lead to costly repairs.
Why use GENUINE TOYOTA BRAKE PADS
- They are fitted with genuine friction material which provides sufficient braking force to stop the vehicle, reducing the risk of collision.
- They consist of high heat resistant materials used in the construction of the brakes pads, this reduces the rate at which the pads wear therefore increasing its life span.
- They are more effective, don't have to be replaced frequently, making them less expensive in the long run.
The SPARK PLUG
- Used to ignite a mixture of compressed air and fuel, creating engine power.
Dangers of using COUNTERFEIT SPARK PLUGS
Low level quality of the insulator renders it incapable of withstanding the high voltage required for firing. This results in:
- creation of blow holes in the plugs
- voltage leaks
- engine misfiring
- Low engine output
- Frequent visits to the mechanic
Why use GENUINE TOYOTA SPARK PLUGS
- They have internal resistor which helps to reduce radio interference. This keeps the car running efficiently and in great condition.
- They are made of a high quality heat insulator to withstand heats generated from the high voltages required for firing, preventing:
- Damage of plugs
- Voltage leaks
- Engine misfiring
- Low engine output
- Frequent visiting of the mechanic
This is a critical component that works to engage and disengage power generated by the engine to and from the transmission.
Dangers of using COUNTERFEIT CLUTCH
Failure to ensure positive engagement and disengagement, leading to poor driving performance and even risk of unforeseen accidents such as vehicle fire.
Why use GENUINE TOYOTA CLUTCH
Ensures full performance of your Toyota to enable you enjoy a safe and comfortable drive as they meet Toyota's strict standards.
This gives light for safety and driving comfort.
Dangers of using COUNTERFEIT BULBS
- Filaments have a weak atmospheric seal which allows oxygen into the bulb, resulting in the filament burning within a short period of time.
- They are not able to withstand thermal shock and so flashes brightly and then fail as soon as switch is turned on.
- They do not withstand even the least shocks
- They do not glow well due to inferior filament material giving blurred vision.
Why use GENUINE TOYOTA BULBS
- They have excellent atmospheric seals preventing oxygen from entering to burn the filament.
- Designed to withstand thermal shock.
- They are able to withstand vibration thus lasting long.
- They give high quality glow when switched on, providing the driver with a clearer vision.
The BELTS (V-BELTS/ DRIVE BELT/ FAN BELT)
These transfer the engine's rotation to the cooling fan, water pump, compressor and power steering pump.
Dangers of using COUNTERFEIT BELTS
- They do not fit exactly on the engine driving and driven pulleys due to different cross sectional area resulting in:
- frequent slipping
- reducing transfer efficiency
- increasing fuel consumption
- They split easily due to low tensile strength whilst the car is running, leading to accidents and other problems without giving the driver any prior warning.
Why use GENUINE TOYOTA BELTS
- They have been designed with the proper length, width and shape for the particular engine and vehicle with which it is used
- They are strong, durable, and pliant.
The SHOCK ABSORBERS
Absorb shocks from the road surface, increase riding comfort and driving stability.
Dangers of using COUNTERFEIT SHOCK ABSORBERS
- designed for a variety of performance, failing to enhance performance
- wears faster and cause rough driving because they are not galvanized
- rusts prematurely because it has not been coated
Why use GENUINE TOYOTA SHOCK ABSORBERS
- They are specifically designed for each model which optimizes performance taking into consideration the road conditions applicable.
- They reduce noise and make driving comfortable because material used are galvanized with hard chrome.
- They are coated with corrosion resistant steel.
The AIR FILTER
The component that filters the air supplied to the engine for efficient fuel consumption.
Dangers of using COUNTERFEIT AIR FILTER
- increase in fuel consumption
- decline in engine performance
- less engine life
- high cost of repairs
Why use GENUINE TOYOTA AIR FILTER
- better engine performance
- optimum performance throughout the life of the filter
- prolongs engine life
- saves cost
The OIL FILTER
The critical component in the engine which removes impurities from the engine oil used to lubricate moving parts of the engine.
Dangers of using COUNTERFEIT OIL FILTERS
- results in wear on engine's moving parts
- decline in engine's performance, sometimes resulting in total failure
- shortens engine life
- high cost of repair
Why use GENUINE TOYOTA OIL FILTERS
- designed and engineered specifically for your Toyota vehicle
- capable of trapping impurities and maintaining a full seal to prevent leakage
- has a bypass valve that allows the oil to lubricate the engine even when the filter is chocked
- prolongs engine life
- saves cost