The Toyota Dream Car Art Contest is an annual competition organized by Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) of Japan for all children up to 15 years all over the world. The contest seeks to uncover creativity in children by asking them to draw their dream cars. The contest is grouped into three (3) categories: for children under 8 years, 8 to 11 years and 12 to 15 years.
What is a dream car?
At Toyota, we believe that children are full of creative extraordinary dreams that can become a reality. All you have to do is think hard, be creative and imagine what your dream car would be and what you would want the car to do.
How to get involved
1. Think of a challenge in the society within which you live and draw or paint a car that can solve that particular society challenge (concept).
2. Download your entry form here or pick it up at any of our branches
3. Complete the entry form. Involve your parents and give a title and a short explanation of your dream car (concept).
4. Get your parents’ signature
5. Attach entry form to the back of your artwork with an adhesive.
6. Submit artwork to any of our branches.
Who can participate?
The contest is open to children up to 15 years old. There 3 categories
1. Category 1 : Under 8 years old
2. Category 2 : 8 – 11 years old
3. Category 3 : 12 – 15 years old
What artwork and material do I need?
An A3 size paper is required and use any medium you like – pencils, crayons, paint – to create your dream car. Do not forget to add a background, so we can imagine what it would look like in its environment. Take note, only hand-made drawings are acceptable, so do not use a computer to create it.
When is the entry date?
The closing date for entries is 31stJanuary, 2019.Shortlisted participants will be contacted to improve on their artworks for the World Contest.
What can I win?
At the National level, 9 winners will be selected, 3 from each category. The 9 lucky winners will be awarded prizes and certificates. Your artworks will also be entered into the worldwide art contest. If your artwork wins at the finals, you will win a trip to Japan with your parent to participate in the award ceremony in August 2019.
Other prizes for participants include special Toyota branded souvenirs, art materials, educational electronic devices and other amazing prizes.